Tuesday 3 February 2015

Meet the staff: Louise

There is a time for everything.....a time to rest, a time to think, a time to get yourself a new job.....and so Healthy Valleys has a shiny new team member, with a spring in my step and a little blue car, I, Louise Higgins vow to seek out those parents who will support parents in communities far and wide across rural South Lanarkshire.

As it goes I have spent the first few weeks getting to know the team and the work that they do in all the various projects under the Healthy Valleys umbrella. This has served me well in meeting local people and making links and signposting people to services, but hasn't resulted in me answering the phone much.......it's interesting how many more important things I can find to do, and every time I psyche myself up and get my wee notepad ready, somebody gets in before me.......sigh.

I thrive working in a team, (no, honestly I do....) and Healthy Valleys staff, participants and volunteers have made me feel part of the team from the get-go. Even if I had been a shy and retiring sort......I doubt I would have been allowed to sit quietly in the corner.

At the risk of slipping into Oscar ceremony mode....sniff, sniff...sob. I would like to thank the whole team for their patience and kindness in making me feel welcome at Healthy Valleys. In particular Carolanne, without whom the place would come to a grinding halt. The woman has the patience of a saint........how she gets anything done with us all constantly pestering her amazes me......

Two things that enable Healthy Valleys to flourish, are local people becoming involved in our projects and good relationships with colleagues in other agencies. These are two areas I intend to focus on over the forthcoming months.

The task I have been given is very interesting. Finding parents who might not be getting out and about with their wee ones and helping them make connections with other local parents and groups.
If you’re reading this and you think you can help me.....get on the phone immediately!
P.s......It should also be noted that nobody in the team has asked me to search for any of the following items:

  • A long stand
  • Tartan Paint
  • A bucket of steam
Much appreciated.........

No comments:

Post a Comment